Grants are not distributed randomly instead particular criterion is set for gaining the grants. This criterion varies differently for each grant. Some basic requirements in this regard are enlisted hereunder.
- A consistent relation with the art
- Applicant must apply personally and not on behalf of someone else
- A full-fledged well developed proposal must be submitted on basis of which the grant is generated.
- There must not exist structural or functional bottlenecks in the proposal
- The proposal must be practicable
- An application form containing the details of both the proposal and of the applicant must be attached with it must be submitted to the concerned authorities.